Anna Zanovello in “About a Girl” by Clare Shilland for Lula #15
i. wide eyes - local natives | ii. magic fingers - hands | iii. taro - alt-j | iv. speak in rounds - grizzly bear | v. my heroics, part one - absynthe minded | vi. down the burning ropes - james vincent mcmorrow | vii. cherokee - cat power | viii. from the valley to the stars - el perro del mar | ix. cirrus - bonobo | x. metal & dust - london grammar | xi. pull me down - mikky ekko | xii. night time - the xx | xiii. the hunt - youth lagoon | xiv. colombia - local natives
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
i want to write like youth lagoon sounds
You cannot live life without consequences. Whenever you do something, there will be a consequence. Just like violence [on film] only works if there’s a consequence. You can’t just be violent for violence’s sake, because it’s not emotionally engaging. - Nicolas Winding Refn
(from a previous asking for suggestions for summer outfits)
okay so i won’t take pictures or anything i’ll just describe things! for summer outfits these are the things i tend to wear a lot: i usually just have different sections of my wardrobe i pick out depending on the weather, and mix and match between a few things etc, but for lighter/warmer weather here’s what i wear:
- long skirts - i have a few like chiffony pleated/loose skirts i wear in the warmer weather, bc they’re really pretty and really comfortable, and you get them in all sorts of colours. (my favourites are my dark blue and peachy one)
- loose blouses - light whites/pale blues, pinks etc are really nice just to wear over jeans and things, and if it gets chilly you can throw a loose jumper/sweater type thing over them
- light coloured jeans - i have a mint and a peach coloured pair which are really nice in the warmer weather bc they add a splash of colour etc
- a long dress - you only really need one maxi dress, bc you can dress them up/down and still be comfortable. something colourful, maybe? i have a pink one and a cream one and they’re lovely when it’s warm, and they’re expensive ones either.
- sandals? i have a pair of sandals bc even flats can get irritating if it’s warm
- a couple of big rings - gold/peachy look really nice in the sun
- a light jacket - something not too thick you can throw on in the evenings and be comfortable in. (i have a thin mac/raincoat thing i use for that since lbh it’s not hot more than it rains here)
hopefully this was helpful idk i’ve never really been asked this before
perhaps the only reason i write
words of vitality/beauty/power is
because i hope they’ll sink through
paper as they could through my skin,
becoming the fluoride of my bones
so i will be built upon strength, and
not upon wavering doubt.
mobster au ——> artemis
they say she’s one of zeus’s girls, but i ain’t never seen a girl like that before. the huntress, they call her. actaion, that was her, and the aloadai boys - clean hits, every one, though i hear she was mixed up in that business of agamemnon’s and that was a whole different kind of nasty. she’s sweet enough to those girls who hang around the amnisos, but she’s a stone-cold killer, her and her brother both. they say she was soft on orion, but the way eos tells it, she took him out in delos and they still ain’t found the body, so who knows? one thing’s for sure, though - you give her a target, any target, and she’ll hunt that man down like a dog.